- develop a more systematic approach to improving the standards of disadvantaged learners;
- make sure that the whole curriculum, including out-of hours provision, supports the needs of disadvantaged learners;
- work with partners to develop solutions to the problems of disadvantage; and
- evaluate the impact of strategies to tackle disadvantage on learners’ achievement.
Local authorities should:
- challenge and support schools to use data to identify and monitor the progress of disadvantaged learners; and
- develop systems to share information about disadvantaged learners with schools and across services.
The Welsh Government should:
- work with schools and local authorities to agree a more specific remit for community-focused schools.
For a full list of recommendations, please download the report.