- provide more challenging and customised learning experiences to help more able and talented pupils to achieve the highest standards;
- improve the use of data and assessment to identify, track and monitor pupils’ progress;
- build on existing transition arrangements between primary and secondary schools to provide more appropriate challenge for more able and talented pupils; and
- improve parents’ understanding of how they can better support the education of their child.
Local authorities should:
- train school improvement officers on how to identify, support, track, monitor and evaluate the progress of more able and talented pupils.
For a full list of recommendations, please download the report.