Schools, colleges and work-based learning providers should:
- ensure that numeracy is planned and delivered in relevant and practical contexts across the curriculum;
- assess and track the progress of learners’ numeracy skills across the curriculum;
- train staff to understand how to develop learners’ numeracy skills;
- monitor and evaluate the impact of strategies to improve learners’ numeracy;
- provide support and resources in Welsh for Welsh-language learners; and
- enter learners at an appropriately challenging level for essential skills qualifications.
For a full list of recommendations, please download the report.