Estyn is committed to providing high-quality customer service.
We should like to hear your views of our work and how it affects you. Your suggestions, compliments and complaints will help us to recognise high-quality work as well as improve the services we provide.
You can complain about our work, and this may include:
- the standard and quality of our services or products
- the content of our resources or website
- the conduct of a member of our staff
- specific inaccuracies, references to third parties and key contextual omissions.
There are some things that we cannot deal with through our complaints-handling procedure:
- inspection judgements made after an Estyn inspection or review, because, before and during an inspection, the school, college or service has the opportunity to provide all of the evidence needed for the inspection team to reach its judgements accurately and fairly
- an establishment that we inspect and work with. If you have a complaint about an establishment, such as a school, you must follow their own complaints procedure in the first instance
- policies set by Welsh Government. Please visit www.wales.gov.wales
Estyn has to meet statutory timescales so will not normally delay the publication of an inspection report while a complaint is being investigated.
Feedback and Complaints manager
Estyn welcomes correspondence in both English and Welsh. Correspondence received in Welsh will be given equal priority to correspondence received in English.
If you require information in another language other than Welsh or English, please contact us to discuss requirements.
Complaints Wales offers advice on how to complain about a public service.