Estyn recognises that the health and wellbeing of employees makes an essential contribution to business success and helps individuals to live life to the full. We are committed to:
- providing a safe and healthy work environment that promotes and supports the health and wellbeing of all our staff
- raising awareness of the factors which can influence health and wellbeing, whether these are in the workplace or outside of it
- encouraging a healthy lifestyle where we can
- providing regular health surveillance for those staff who want to participate
- supporting staff where they experience problems such as alcohol, drugs or substance misuse, as a first response
- only taking action against individuals if they are not willing to be supported to change or have inappropriate behaviours caused by alcohol, drug, or substance abuse
Individuals can help themselves to live a healthier lifestyle and this policy will help them to develop their approach.